Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Linux.com | GNU Emacs 22 finally released

I have just recently switched from Emacs to Eclipse for my Java development work. I still use Emacs almost everyday I even have an Emacs related project on sourceforge: starteam-el.sf.net Linux.com | GNU Emacs 22 finally released: "GNU Emacs 22 finally released Monday June 04, 2007 (04:50 PM GMT) By: Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier Emacs fans, limber up your fingers -- there's a new GNU in town. Almost six years after the release of the previous version, the Free Software Foundation has announced the release of GNU Emacs 22. (Actually, 22.1, but who's counting?) This release includes support for GTK , drag and drop support for X, a number of new modes, and a graphical interface to the GNU Debugger (GDB). The FSF has come under some criticism for taking so long to release a stable version. The previous release, Emacs 21, came out in October 2001."

1 comment:

Not Yet Dead said...

Wow, seven years? What took so long? I remember building 21 on my machine years ago. I've been using Eclipse for the last few years.